Arm in Arm is the name of regional gatherings of mothers praying for our adult children and their generation. We’ve prayed for them in our womb, we’ve prayed God’s Word over them growing up, and now we continue to take our place as “watchmen on the wall” praying God’s Word over their lives. If there was ever a time for praying moms to take their place, fiercely contending for and releasing the will of God in the lives of their adult children it is now. What makes this one hour weekly gathering unique is the leading of the Holy Spirit, and His orchestration as we unite in worship, listening and agreeing in praying God’s promises over each person.
We are in the darkest time of human history, yet for the Church, the glorious Church of the living God, it is a time that we bring His light into darkness. Our effectual praying is making much power available. Jesus said we are to Ask and See and Knock, and in so doing we would Receive and Find, and the Door would be opened.
Our individual lifestyle of prayer is key, and our united praying in agreement is possibly the most powerful force on earth. In Acts 12, we see Peter having been imprisoned by Herod, sentenced to death. He has been locked in a prison, surrounding by many guards and soldiers, hands chained. But an essential key is revealed in verse 5. “Peter was therefore kept in prison, but continual prayer was being offered to God for him by the Church.” This continual, united, focused prayer resulted in Peter’s release and completion of God’s plan through His life. As the Church was praying, Light came into his cell, angelic help arrived, chains fell off, prison doors opened, and Peter was led out of his captivity unnoticed by the guards surrounding the building. He was led to go the house where the Church was praying! As we intentionally gather to hear and pray God’s Word over our children, with much worship, He is bringing His light, help, and freedom, and directing their steps in His will for their lives.
For more information on attending or starting an Arm in Arm prayer group, please contact me (email@example.com).
ARM IN ARM PRAYER AGREEMENTS FOR OUR ADULT CHILDREN
- Lord, we pray that You would grant each of our children, according to the riches of Your glory, to be strengthened with might through the power of the Holy Spirit in their inner man….that Christ would dwell in their hearts through faith; that they, being rooted and grounded in love…my be able to comprehend with all the saints, what is the width and length and depth and height…to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that they would be filled with the fullness of God. (Ephesians 3:14-20)
- Lord, we thank You for these children who have become adults. They are marked for You! We pray that You, Father, would give to them the Spirit of Wisdom and Revelation in the knowledge of You…the eyes of their understanding being enlightened, that they may know what is the hope of Your calling and what are the riches of the glory of Your inheritance in the saints…. And what is the exceeding greatness of Your power toward them who believe, according to the working of Your mighty power. (Ephesians 1:15-20)
- We pray that these children would grow in wisdom and understanding. We pray that You would bring godly and wise influencers into their lives, mentors who know You, friends who are wise, friends who know and love You. We pray that they would be drawn to Truth and repelled by deception. We pray for a reverential worship and honoring of You in their hearts, for this is the beginning of wisdom. (Psalm 2, Proverbs 1:5-9)
- Lord, we pray according to Isaiah 60:1-2, that our children would arise to who You have called them to be in You….and Shine, for their Light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon them. Though darkness covers the earth and deep darkness the people, Lord we pray that Your light would arise over them and in them, and that Your glory would be seen upon them and in them. (Isaiah 60:1,2)
- Lord, thank You for Your hope, comfort and peace over our children. We pray for Your great exchange! We pray today for a crown of beauty instead of ashes, joy instead of mourning, praise instead of despair. We pray for an exchange of faith in place of hopelessness, strength overcoming weakness, a reliance on You instead of reliance on self. We declare every hindrance and bondage replaced by freedom in You. (Is 57:18; Joel 2:25; Is. 61:3)
- Lord we ask You to reveal to these children the joy of true relationship with You. We come against all wrong thinking of having to earn Your approval through works. We break off wrong mindsets. Show them that what You long for is a genuine relationship with them. (Ro. 6:14; Jer. 9:24; Phil.3:8,10)
- Lord, we ask that You help our sons and daughters to grow up in You, maturing into Oaks of Righteousness for the display of Your splendor. Help them to grow in wisdom and stature, and in favor with You and with people. (Eph. 4:15; Is. 61:3; Lk. 2:52)
- Father, we pray that You would draw our children to Yourself and open the eyes of their understanding, that they would be able to see with spiritual eyes. Draw their focus to You, and away from introspection and selfishness. We pray that they would allow Your power and love to flow through them to others. Teach them to love others well. Teach them to value themselves as You do. We pray for an encounter with Your love (Phil 2:4; 2 Cor 4:7; Mt. 22:39)
- Lord, please draw our children to You. We pray that they would learn to love You with all their heart, soul, mind and strength, loving others as themselves. We pray they would live all their days on earth loving You and rejoicing in You. (Mt. 22:37; Ps. 27:4; Phil 4:4)
- Lord, produce in each of these precious ones a humble spirit that is yielded to You. Teach them how to live in You and show them that apart from You, they can do nothing. (James 4:10; Romans 6:13; John 15:15)
- Lord, reveal to our children how valuable and significant their life is. Give them a vision for their purpose in the world and show them the possibilities for Your plan for their future….to know You and live in Your will day by day. Through You, they can do all things. (Isaiah 43:7; Jer. 29:11; Phil. 4:13)
- Help these young people to see that they don’t need to condemn themselves. Show them that they can experience complete forgiveness through the work You have already finished with Your death and resurrection on their behalf. We pray for great grace to repent of and let go of the past. We pray that all shame be removed, in exchange for a revelation of being clothed in Your righteousness. Thank You for the power of the Cross, the power of Your precious blood. We pray they would know the reality of being a new creation in Christ. (Jn. 19:30; Acts 3:19; Is. 43:18-19)
- Lord, where there is hardness of heart, we ask You to remove this heart of stone and replace it with a new, soft heart. Transform their heart into a bed of fertile soil, so that the seed of Your Word sown into it will grow deep roots and bring forth a rich crop of life. (Ezk. 36:26-27; Mt. 13:23; Col 2:6-7)
- Father, Jesus, Holy Spirit we ask You to reveal to these children, YOUR children, that lasting refreshment and satisfaction can only be found in You. In You alone will they find an abundant life. We pray that every lie of the enemy be exposed, and that in Your Light, they will see Light. We pray that You would reveal Yourself to them as their All in All. (Jn. 4:10; Jn. 10:10; Ps. 1:3)
- Lord, we ask you to lead them to friends who will graciously point them to You, people who love You with a sincere heart and follow You as true disciples. Cause them to be attracted to those who are attracted to You. Shift friends who will bring them harm to the background. We pray for divine appointments and deep connection with godly mentors, godly influencers, godly friends and godly role models. Give them courage to please You, not man. Create a desire in them to seek out godly teaching and inputs on the internet, remove all input on social media that would be harmful. (Proverbs 13:20; Gal. 1:10)
- Lord, thank You for Your protection surrounding these beloved ones of Yours. We ask You to release a host of angels to build a hedge around them to guard them physically, emotionally and spiritually. Interrupt their path so that they them…not into temptation but deliver them from all evil. For Yours is the Kingdom, and the Power, and the Glory Forever and Ever, Amen.
- We pray Your Kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give them this day their daily sustenance and forgive them and You also enable them to forgive others in their life. Deliver them from all evil. Rescue them for anything in their lives that is not of You. We break the power of addiction, strongholds and destructive mindsets or habits. (Mt. 6:13; Ps. 91:14; Lk. 15:17; Jer. 31:16017)
- Guide these Kingdom champions into Your Truth. Teach them to recognize deceptive ideas and thoughts. Make them alert to the lies of the enemy and teach them how to submit to You and resist the devil by faith, so that evil flees from them. (Jn. 16:13; 1 Cor 2:16; 1 Pet 5:8-9)
- Impress on our children the need to protect their mind, guarding its purity through the choices they make about what they look at, listen to and thinks about. We pray, Holy Spirit that You would help and lead and teach our children regarding what they allow into their mind. Draw them to that which is True, what is Light and Life, we pray they would be repelled by all that is deception, darkness and death. (Phil. 4:8; 2 Cor 10:5
- Lord, thank You for drawing our children with love and tenderness to Yourself, even in their desert places. Show them that You are with them. You delight in them. Amid the clamor for their attention and affections, may they hear Your voice calling them and respond to Your deep, deep love. (Jer. 31:3; Hos. 2:14; Zeph. 3:17)
- Lord teach us how to wait and pray and worship in the waiting. We choose to trust in YOU. Thank You for Isaiah 30:18 “Therefore the Lord waits, that He may be more gracious to you; And therefore, He will be exalted, that He may have mercy on you. For the Lord is a God of justice; Blessed are all those who wait for Him.”
- Oh Father, You are the God of peace, who raised Jesus from the dead. Jesus, You are the Great Shepherd. We thank You for Your precious blood, Your Covenant that is everlasting. We trust in Your Word. Lord, we pray that You would make our sons and daughters complete in every good work to do Your will, working in them what is well pleasing in Your sight, through Jesus Christ to Whom be the glory forever and ever. (Hebrews 13:2-21)
- Lord You are the Light of the world. We pray that our children would not walk in darkness but have the Light of Life. We pray now that they would walk on Your path, the path of the righteous, that is shining brighter and brighter until the full day. We pray that our children would be drawn to Your light. We pray that they will be Light bearers to those around them. (John 8:12; Proverbs 4:18)
- Our Father Who is in Heaven, Holy is Your Name. (Name His Names) Your Kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven in our children’s lives. Give them this day, their daily bread, all that they need from You. Forgive them of their sin, as they forgive those who have sinned against them. Please lead them…not into temptation, but deliver them from all evil. For Yours is the Kingdom, and the Power, and the Glory Forever and Ever, Amen