When I find myself falling into the trap of perfectionism, I stop, take a breath and whisper this simple prayer:
“God, help me see things from your perspective. I choose to enjoy the life you’ve given. This does not mean am giving up. It only reflects that I am giving you control. Let’s co-create together.”
I’d like to share some journal prompts that help me get out of my head and into God’s possibilities:
Journal to yourself by asking:
- What do I want my Legacy to be?
- What are my core values (things that are vital to me)?
- What do I need to do NOW to live out those values (can be big or small things)?
Journal to God by asking Him:
- Give me three empowering words for my legacy.
- Tell me something I’m doing that pleases you.
- Tell me something you are doing that I haven’t noticed.
Express your thankfulness to God, praising Him for blessing you even when you seem to miss it!
“There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.” 1 John 4:18
“For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.” Hebrews 10:14
“Therefore, since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God.” 2 Corinthians 7:1